Saturday, May 09, 2009

Meet Ginsburg



Ginsburg was thrown down a flight of stairs by a drug dealer in Baltimore. Then she was in a shelter that might have killed her. Before her injection, she was taken by a dog rescue based in Virginia. We fostered her for the dog rescue, loved her and adopted her.

Now she sleeps next to me as I type this.

She walks with a limp due to the fall down the stairs but she's in no pain. If she ever needs the surgery, she will have it.

As I listen to her soft snores, I am the farthest I've ever been from an existential crisis. The effect of my life as measured on a scale that includes heat death of the universe is nothing. But we have so much power to make the lives of others, even four legged others with a limp, suck less.

Ginsburg is snoring, and this very second, that's all I need.

CC

3 comments:

ogre said...

Ginsburg's a lucky dog!

Jess said...

What a cutie! How old is she?

Chalicechick said...

The vet thinks about five months but due to the circumstances of her birth, nobody's really sure.

CC