Saturday, March 31, 2007

CC dreams.

I've been having that "wake up at 2am for no reason" thing and actually had a particularly bad case of it last night where I woke up ever hour or two ater midnight. I finally gave up on sleep at about six. I puttered around the house, then eventually went to a bookstore and took the dog to the park, where we had a nice two-hour stroll.

(Didn't know I had a dog, did you? Yeah, she's a recent acquisition and I haven't had time to post about it yet. And by this I mean time that ISN'T at 2am.)

I came home and I lay down to read and somehow fell back asleep where I had this dream that I was on "the Apprentice" and that all the other contestants were my YRUU kids. And somehow some of their moms, the wealthier, lovlier moms at that, were involved with the judging and were telling me when I screwed things up.

I got fired second, and nominally for having a bad attitude and there were newspaper headlines across the country about cynics getting fired and how I'd screwed up. Which is weird because I thought I was the only one left in America who still watched the Apprentice, but whatever.

Anyway, this brings me to the conclusion that I still have some insecurities about law school.

CC

2 comments:

LinguistFriend said...

You will have some insecurities about law school until you graduate, and that is probably a good idea. But I expect that you will; give the admissions people some credit for knowing their job.
The university also seems to have thought their program through well, etc., as is reflectd in your comments on your visit.
LinguistFriend

PG said...

there were newspaper headlines across the country about cynics getting fired and how I'd screwed up

Let me reassure you that the cynics of law school (like my fiance) achieve more than the rosy-glassed idealists like me.