Sunday, July 30, 2006

Yawn

I've painted the downstairs in preparation for my hosuemates moving in. I've done a lot of running around, but I haven't blogged much this weekend.

I've read Chuck Palahniuk's Lullaby, which is really good. In some senses it is a dystopia novel, but while I'm no big fan of dystopia novels, I did think it had some good things to say.
The people who loved that Joe Bageant essay a few months ago would probably like it especially.

In other news, Amazon.com tells me my interests are as follows:

Adult Alternative British Chaos & Systems Classics Cognitive Psychology Comic Computer Mathematics Cosmology Evolution Fiction Historical History History of Science Indie Rock International Literary Love & Romance Marriage & Family Physics Post Grunge Punk System Theory United States Women Sleuths


That's actually really accurate. I'm kind of confused that they left out Religion given the number of religious books on my wishlist, but yeah, I guess you can tell a lot about a chick by her books.

That's it for now.

CC

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

British chaos and systems???

and I was just catching up on generic chaos.

Elizabeth said...

how did you get amazon to show you that? do you have to tag thing or does it do it on its own? do tell.

Chalicechick said...

I have a wish list. (Viewable by clicking the "Buy me stuff, I'm Cute" link on the sidebar of the next page.)

I assume it pulls topics from that. I click on the "Chalicechick's store" tab at the top of the page and if gives me a bunch of options.

One of those options is "Reccomended for you: All Categories" and that gaves me the little thing of topics I'm interested it.

I cut and pasted that into blogger with the links.

CC

Elizabeth said...

Great. thank you!