Sunday, January 01, 2006

New year's Resolutions

I was going back and forth on whether to put these up, but hey, BITB put up his...

1. I will try never to say “I feel” when I mean “I think.”
2. If I decide it is worthwhile to focus the conversation on myself or say something cruel to someone else, I will do it for those reasons. I won’t ever do one of those things and use “I’m just being honest” as an excuse. Implying that anyone who isn’t whining is somehow being dishonest is so stupid, but I’ve done it before.
3. Heinlen wrote “It is better to be live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion, and usually easier.” I have a jackal’s instincts sometimes. I resolve to live like a lion as much as possible.
4. I don't have many self-destructive habits left, but I could use a few more good ones. Exercise, even if it's just a half-hour walk, three times a week.
5. Time to start on that list of things to do before I die. I'm writing that novel this year, kids.

CC

Ps. The Chaliceblog's Birthday was Thursday. It's been a great year. 20,000 visitors since I started measuring in March.

No comments: