Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Can't win for losing with dolls.

I did actually buy the child of a friend a Che Guevera doll, with his Mom's hearty approval of course.

But now that I read this, I feel all sort of trendy and lame for doing so.

Kate Hudson? Cringe.

Not to mention, that as Catallarchy notes, Che was kind of a scary bastard.

"Hatred is an element of struggle; relentless hatred of the enemy that impels us over and beyond the natural limitations of man and transforms us into effective, violent, selective, and cold killing machines. Our soldiers must be thus; a people without hatred cannot vanquish a brutal enemy."

Probably not the sort of thing I would want the theoretical Chalicekids to be spouting, but it still beats the heck out of "Math class is tough!"

CC

1 comment:

Sarahliz said...

I think you should get a Nietzsche doll to go with Che. But all trendiness aside, at least with Che you know what he was fighting for. That's probably a step up from GI Joe.

And is it wrong that I kind of want a tickle me Freud doll?