Saturday, January 22, 2005

CC the political refugee

I’m at the coffee bar last night with Jennifer Beautiful, and I get up to go to the bathroom.

When I return, she confronts me.

“You know, Suz, I had doubts about you when you started working for Republicans. But this is it.“ She held aloft an issue of Town and Country that she had pulled out of my totebag. “You’re OUT of the Democratic party.”

“But..”

“If it had been Harpers, that would have been excusable. Even Vogue. But Town and Country? That's the pinnacle!"

I think the subscription label is really what got her.

Oh well.

CC
Who got it free with frequent-flyer miles and only reads it for the articles, she swears...

1 comment:

Chalicechick said...

Well, you know, for me to drive a minivan wouldn't be very environmentally responsible.

SLSW